Morning Glory | Conquer the day in the early morning! | Morning routine
So after a number of blog posts from me about time management and planning & organizing. I would like to talk about how I conquer the day in the early morning. This morning routine has brought me so much that I have to share it with you!
In my life I have experienced a number of times that I got in a burn out. And even though I am really into planning and organizing in my work area. Yet I myself reached that point of being overworked. And with that, I realized at a certain point that if I wanted to change that. That I really had to do something about it myself.
Being aware of how I spend my time has now become one of my highest priorities. This is because in this way I can clearly see what I am ‘busy’ with. But also where I insert my recharge moments and my ‘mini successes’.
When a change is needed. Then it always starts first in your mindset. Examining yourself what your belief systems are. And find out what it is exactly. How and what you think about your own time use. Is very important in this. Sometimes we can get into a rut. Or, for example, due to high work pressure or stress, you can experience that the days are getting heavier.
Or let me bring it in this time with the corona rules. We have now had to adjust our daily life for a year. People are under tension and stress in many areas. Emotionally it has been a tough year because of the losses we have endured from losing loved ones, freedom or work. Like the situation of working from home or staying at home can have a significant impact on any age group. And with that you have to find a way somewhere to keep it all up. To avoid flying into the ceiling or snapping everyone around you. There is a lot to deal with.
So I am a wife, mother of 3 children and I also work part-time in the corporate world. And also building my own business in LENORA | Lady Prosperity. And that can take up a lot of time in my day. Sometimes it may seem that as a mother you don’t have time for yourself in such a day. And my way is to tackle this early in the morning.
Just a little background of myself. I am a night owl! So having said that, you will soon realize that I have planned all of this consciously and forced (myself) through every morning. My morning routine is not yet so that I jump out of bed and start the day happily whistling. I’m more of a diesel that needs to get warm. And that usually comes after step 4 in my morning routine.
My morning routine:
I like to share my solution for what gives me a good balance for the rest of my day. And this does not mean that you have to copy and follow it like that. No, it is really searching within yourself and finding what it is that makes your combination for a good morning routine.
For me it starts with my “Morning Glory” time. Morning Glory for me is getting up at 6 am in the morning. And around 7.30 am I wake the children. So all of this below happens between 6:00 am – 7:30 am.
1. I start with a glass of water – If you drink a glass of water as soon as you get up, the moisture is replenished. You will notice that you immediately feel fitter and more energetic. It boosts your digestion. And I sometimes get up with a headache. And that is not because of the annoyance of the alarm clock and that it is so ridiculously early. This is because you lose moisture at night through sweating, for example, and you replenish it quickly in this way. The headache is then gone in no time.
2. Then I will start my day in prayer. And I sit in the stillness of the morning with God. This is a very special time. I really like the silence in the house. My point is that if I do this in the evening, I will enjoy the silence just a little too long .. that it makes me active. It is as if my creativity is activated. And that is not useful for me if I want to get up early again. So I do this in the morning.
So I read the Bible. In this quiet time, I write down everything that comes to my mind. It is, as it were, writing down your vision, dreams, thoughts. And when I do this in combination with prayer. Will it be a personal time with God Himself. Very special what then all comes up.
3. Then I do some exercise. I hijacked a fitness mat from my husband, the personal trainer. And I will work with my resistance band. Earplugs with something that motivates. During my workout I mainly focus on my back muscles, abs. Because of the daily working with the computer. The leg workout is also not lacking. And I alternate this every day.
4. After this I can usually say that I am awake. And then I sit down with my breakfast. And read a chapter from a book. Right now I am reading The Tension Of Transition. From Craig Cooney. Great book, by the way. Perhaps I will tell you more about that in the future.
5. Then I will write down my TOP 3 goals I want to do today. These are 3 objectives. So that I can see at the end of the day that I have achieved something. It is the realization of achieving something. Which in turn motivates and produces a happy chemical in your brain.
And then I go through my daily schedule. Here I have another blog post about: Time management. I plan my breaks where I spend time on myself. I do this through relaxation: think of watching something fun. E.g. funny videos. Or I read a book. But also by creating dopamine by being creative. Here comes my work part. Where I think creatively about the graphics I make for social media. Or I will write for a new blog post. In my blog post on “Learn something great about happy chemicals in your brain” you can read how to make dopamine. This is the chemical in your brain that makes you feel happy. Then I get ready for the day. All this before the children have to be awakened for their school day.
The reason I do this is to give myself a moment of victory early in the morning. I overcome the morning by getting up at 6am. (it’s a big deal for someone who is actually a night owl). I build up dopamine through my morning workout. This also strengthens my body. And I take the time to spend with God. I’m reading something educational. I make a top3 plan for the day. And this in a nutshell is something that I do all for myself. Even before my house wakes up and gets up. And before the rest gets moving, I already have a win in the pocket.
“Let’s have Prosperity in LifeLENORA | Lady Prosperity